Tuesday, February 2, 2010

a few things...

Ok! so...here are the wonderful things that have been going down in our little abode. First and foremost- i turned 25. wow. its an odd feeling to suddenly be a REAL adult. I mean before 25 you cant rent a car and you can still excuse all your bad behavior on the fact that you are 'young', 'immature' and it could be endearing. Now...that is not the case. i now am old enough to have two children and its not weird. The weirder thing is that when my mom turned 25 she had four children...wow. anyway. it was a great birthday. my mom came up and we all know that is the best present i could get. cameron, my mom and i all went to the Hale Center theater to watch 'The Importance of Being Earnest'. Hilarious! honestly, i dont know who was playing Celia but she stole the show, she was a roit. Then on Thursday night cameron and I went out on the town...well really we went to a hotel, swam and slept. But this is the first time since having Jadynne that we were alone all night long together. it was amazing. seriously, to sleep uninturupted for eight straight hours...unbelievable! We went to Ikea on friday and made my organization bug turn into a full blown illness. my phone died saturday morning so when i finally got it plugged in and running sunday i had some messages. As i lay in bed sunday night i saw all the little blessings that the Lord had given me in the last few days. I could see them stack one by one in front of me reminding me that He is always there and listening to my prayers. Here is the biggest blessing--well miracle really- JADE IS POTTY TRAINED!! seriously, i'm not kidding. I didn't even do anything, she just did it. on sunday we put a diaper on her for church because we didn't trust her in nursery but other than that she has been in panties since saturday. We have only had two accidents--both on sunday and both were because we didn't get her to the potty in time. on sunday we went for a walk and she made it the entire walk! i know! we put her in daipers at night (simply because i'm lazy and dont want to hastle with changing queen sheets if she does have an accident) but she doesn't even really pee in her diapers! i haven't cleaned up a poopy diaper from her in a WEEK! I mean now she runs to the potty when she needs to go and before naps or bed she goes to the bathroom. I'll say 'jade why dont you try to go since its nap time' and dun duh duhhhhh she goes!!! i know that you are all sick of the peeing stories but this is truly a miracle in my life. it will save us at least $50 a month. wow. then my mom got me a bread maker for my birthday--i've been really wanting one-- with that machine and a potty trained girl we will be saving $70 a month. wow. its just been great over here. i think i'm getting a sinus infection and alana is sick but i'm not even sweating it because--JADE IS A BIG GIRL.
It really was wonderful to have my mom here for a few days. i really wish we lived closer because she is one of my best friends. we can just talk and talk and there is never any worry that we are talking too much, are too overbearing, or just in some way being rude. the best part is that we always talk about interesting things. always. i love my mom. she thinks. she discusses. I was talking to my sister in law the other day and found out that yes truly i do talk to much, i dont allow others to get a word in edge whys. i'm sorry about that. i guess i just expect people to intrupt me when they have something to say, like how my family does. anyway, that is my new goal- shut up and listen. there you are, life is great at the bradys.

1 comment:

Middletonfamily said...

You're the best! I am glad you had a nice sleepy birthday!
I didn't know you got a bread maker for your birthday! YUM! We are definitely coming over when you make some!