Monday, April 13, 2009

Confrence Weekend

My wonderful parents came into to town over confrence weekend it was great. David was able to drive up to be with us from Cedar so we had a full house. It was wonderful. Confrence of course makes us all want to be so much better. But, here are some pics of that weekend. Daddy with Jadynne, our whole family- we all make 'the face' together, and of course Pappa had to get Jadynne some new clothes (Thanks mom). She looked so stinkin' cute, I have a million pics of her in this outfit, so bear with me as I put a fraction of them on here. We just had a wonderful time with my family. Someday I will convince Cameron that moving to Nevada would be the best choice of our lives!! It was a great weekend.


I just felt that Confrence was wonderful. I think the major themes that hit me where: faith and go to the temple. This is probibly because this is what I needed to hear. But, in listening to our prophets I just felt that we all need to just have faith that the Lord will take care of us. I've been reading in 2 Nephi (the Isaiah chapters) and of course most of it has to do with the scattering and gathering of Isreal. In this I've been struck by how often punishment is promised to the wicked and blessings are promised to the righteous. I think this is what the apostles were trying to get across to us during confrence. As long as we are faithful things are going to be ok. We need to trust that. We need to stop having fear and instead simply trust that the Lord will take care of His sheep, us. We must do our best and then stop worrying. I think of how many hours I've spent worrying over things that I really cant do anything about, about money or the future- those big scary issues that keep a person up at night... Honestly after confrence I thought 'calm down christie anne'. I dont need to waste so much time worrying and thinking about things that are in the Lord's hands. Anyway, there is my tid bit on confrence. Oh, and of course, Elder Holland's talk. wow. If you haven't heard it get online and listen to it. I want to be able to follow Elder Holland's command and never leave the Lord alone, I want to stand by my Savior at all times, in all things and in all places!

1 comment:

John said...

christie that jade is stinking cute