Sunday, November 29, 2009

embarrassing

well...for the first time ever i have embarrassed my husband. i feel terrible. we were at his aunt and uncle's house for thanksgiving. we had been there all day and the kids were nuts. i was ready to get home. i knew the kids needed to sleep and i couldn't wait anymore. Now Lee, has an HG projector in his basement with an amazing surround sound system. All the guys were watching Star Trek. i went downstairs and said 'its time to go'. he said ok so i went upstairs and started getting the girls ready to go. he didn't come up. so instead of calmly and patiently waiting for him, or going to talk to him again i went into pissed off FINE mode. i looked at his mother and said can you take him home?! Now, usually i keep my cool pretty well with his family, (this weekend has not been that way...i lost it a couple of times...) so this was the first time she has seen me showing my anger. As I started heading out the door Cameron comes up. i looked at him and i dont remeber exactly what i said but is was snotty and bossy...something along the lines of 'i'm ready to go home and if you aren't then you can go home with your mom and i'll just drive home myself because we arent waiting anymore!' i dont know if you have this happen, where it seems as though you have a cloud around you, and that cloud is red and angry. i had a tornado, i was so annoyed, i just wanted to go home! but as i got mad at him the clouds parted and i saw his aunt behind him looking at me with raised eyebrows...in fact no one was talking, no one. everyone was looking at me, was watching me scold my husband and treat him like he was a kid. it was not good. of course being my sweet husband he took it in stride and we left but the whole way home and ever since i have the look of his aunt stuck in my head. see, i just embarrassed him in front of his family. they now have a vision of our relationship--where i'm a shrew and boss my husband around all the time! honestly, i threw a fit, i might as well have stomped my food or thrown myself on the floor like Jade does...i just wanted to get home. its so stressful to be at events with kids..who haven't had naps...and the house isn't child proof...i just get stressed. anyway, there is my confession. i did a terrible thing. and there isn't really anything i can do to fix it. the damage has been made. but seriously this time of seeing his parents i have had the least composer...how do you spell that? anyway, i dont know why but i just couldn't keep it together. perhaps its the little amounts of sleep i got...hopefully next time i can do better.

2 comments:

Middletonfamily said...

Oh Christi, I definitely feel your pain! It really is exhausting when you are stressed out all day worrying about what your children are getting into,
Try not to worry about it too much! Moms are allowed breakdown too!

Colorado Thompson Clan said...

I can totally understand trying to keep little ones happy and well-behaved while visiting a "fun to play with but not supposed to touch" house. You are an amazing wife and a wonderful mother to two perfect little girls (just ask their Grandma)! It's all good... trust me: we've all been there (including actually stamping the foot, etc. LOL). Love you lots!