Sunday, December 9, 2018

February comes next and it was just as busy

February came next and it was just as busy.  We had our first good snow storm.  We went with Ben and Rachel to an elementary school to go sledding. It was freezing.  Literally freezing.  When we went we thought that Ben was bringing enough sleds for everyone but he didn't so the kids had to share and take turns.  We were probably in the snow for maybe...maybe half an hr.  The kids cried on the way home because they were cold.  I was freezing. The kids didn't actually have good gloves so they were freezing.  It was not the most fun.
With so much so we needed to do some crafty- rafty ness. Calvin loves to craft more than anyone else in our family. He loves gluing and cutting.  I think his favorite though is doing this bead thing that we then melt with an iron.  He could do that craft for hours.  We dont let him just because he also gets the beads all over our whole house.  In the vents. i may have even eaten some...He loves to craft but does not love to clean up after the crafting.
Being home has also meant a lot of snuggle time with this guy.
We have also been hosting more poker nights.  Cameron and I tend to win.  There is a $5 buy in and so we have been winning more money then we have been donating :) . Tony and Tiffany came over and i won which was awesome. Tony also was an epic father by holding the bottle with his mouth and playing poker. he put us all to shame with parenting. but i put him to shame with my poker skillz
For valentines day Cameron took me to a nice resturant downtown.  I was so excited to be taken out on a real date! The food was pretty good.  The place had won awards for its sauce.  The food wasn't the most amazing place but it was good.  We ordered dessert to go and had our food all boxed up.  We got up and left- leaving the food on the table.  Halfway to the car we realized that we had left the food on the table and rushed back.  We hadn't been gone more than 10 mins.  When we got back we found out that they had thrown away all our food!! All of it! the dessert was super expensive and we didn't even get to eat it because they threw it away. I was irate. i was so mad i even left a review on google.

We hosted Poker the following week and I won again. Boom! I found that if I am drinking wine i generally win, or Cameron does.  We rarely lose if I am drinking. So I will continue this tradition so we can keep winning money.
Nap time is my favorite time of day. I have to sit in the room in order to keep the kids still long enough for them to go to sleep but once they are asleep it is totally worth it.

Just another night and more crafts.  We are so sick of being inside but we have no yard and it is freezing outside.  We got a weaving thing thinking the girls would like it but of course Calvin loves it the most. This kid loves to craft.
At the end of the month my mom came to visit for a couple days.  It was wonderful.  She is amazing with my kids.  The kids would wake up every morning and get into bed with her.  Every night she would read them stories.  She plays with the kids so much better than I do. 


I also started working at Bubbas every week this month.  The interview process for the job was nuts.  I had to have 4 interviews! Then after I was given the job I had to wait to actually start serving for 2 weeks.  They couldn't start training me until the month after I was hired.  Then when I came for training it took forever.  There was a full week of sit down learn the menu training before I could even get on the floor.  It felt so over the top.  Once I was finally allowed on the floor I was supposed to shadow someone for 4 days...yeah it didn't happen. I was done after the 2nd day.  They let me start taking over at the end of the 1st day and then by the time I was done on the second day the trainers just let me do everything. The computer was difficult to get used to but the actual serving part was fine.  One thing that has been hard is feeling like the oldest person who works there.  90% of the employees, including management, are in their 20's, not married and no kids.  I feel very out of place.  Not only am I in my 30's but i've been married for over a decade and I have 5 kids.  It is really nice to have cash all the time and I am getting better at serving.  Its hard to be gone at night but the money is good and it is making it so that we can live here in Colorado together instead of everyone in utah and cameron here...

No comments: