Tuesday, July 7, 2009

peanut butter

i have a lot of pics i need to post. so here is the first of a couple of posts all at once. We have been trying to teach Jade how to use silverwear of late. Of course we only have spoons and since I want to get the rest of the silver wear from Ikea we wont be getting any forks or knives in the near future. :D Anyway, she is also the pickest eater ever. She will go days eating only three bites the entire time. I didn't think I'd have to worry about aneriexia until high school, I guess I get to fight that monster now while she cant even talk. Sometimes, i can get her to eat peanut butter. Sometimes. Ususally I give her a spoonful of peanut butter and let her eat it. She generally will at least eat that scoop and sometimes even ask for another one. We all know my daughters love of edible wear though, and this one particular day she chose to use the peanut butter as blush instead of food. She is so cute.
She is also the sweetest older sister. She loves Alana. This morning she sat in my lap holding Alana for so long. For the moment Alana was happy and they sat and stared at each other. Alana would make her funny will cherrio face then smile at Jade. Then Jade would start laughing. Jade kept talking to her and then would lean down and kiss her or try to make the same face back to her. I know that this is really hard but it is all worth it to just witness that. Love between sisters from the time they are babies. Jadynne will bring over the binkie for Alana and try to put it in her mouth, or she will kiss her, or pat her, or bring her a blanket. This morning Alana has never smiled as much as when she was being held by Jade. Who knows how much their little minds think but when I held them i felt i was intruding. Alana looked up at Jade and I saw love, I saw that she knew who her big sister was. I never had a sister and it was the one thing i prayed the most for. I always prayed that since I couldn't have one he would bless me to give birth to sisters. He has anwsered my prayers. I sit here and have tears in my eyes knowing these two will be close, knowing that they will love each other and be there for each other. How lucky. I have such a beautiful family.

No comments: